Spirit of the North Week is here! Things to remember…
- We are closed at the Morinville Dojo this week (Monday/Thursday and Saturday)
- The website for the schedule of times for registered students is www.spiritofthenorth.net
- This is an exciting event for students and anxiety runs high. Please DOUBLE check to make sure your child has all of their equipment for sparring (helmet, vest and gloves), gi and belt. This will help keep the anxiety level down and allow them to be at their best this week. Good luck to everyone who has registered, you will have a lot of fun!
- Sensei Steve or Kim will be at all the events so if you have questions come see us.
As of January 3rd, we will be in our new Dojo at 9610 Morinville Drive. We are working with the Morinville United Church in creating a commercial rental space at the back of the church. This will increase our lobby space and parking. We will be selling our old mats at $10.00 each as well as items like bags and the blinds. If you are interested in any of these items see Kim to secure the items you would like.
New Tai Chi-Qigong Classes
Introducing Rachel Davies, a Level 2 Health Qigong Instructor with the British Health Qigong Association. She has joined us to teach Tai Chi-Qigong classes Wednesday nights.
- April 3 – June 26 (closed May 29)
- 6:00pm – 7:00pm
- $130.00 per session
April 3 will be a free trial class. Please RSVP for this class so we can get an idea of how many are interested. Registration is open to the public but will be limited.
The next Karate Kids session for 4/5 year olds will start on April 6 and run until June 22 with the exception of April 20 & May 11 & 18, no classes. The cost of this session is $72.00 plus uniform if needed. If you know of anyone interested in joining please register now with Kim or by contacting email@example.com.
Sensei deSa has received news from Okinawa that Shinjo Sensei is encouraging everyone to book their own accommodations for the Koshukai as he has been unable to arrange packages to include accommodation. He is warning that it is high season for travel to Okinawa, so to book as early as possible. This excellent training opportunity for both children and adult karate students to experience an international event in the birthplace of karate will take place in late July 2019 as you know. It is also a great family travel and cultural experience that shouldn’t be missed if you can make it. If you are planning on going and would like your name added to the list, please let us know.