Welcome back to all the students who took the summer off. We hope everyone had a safe, relaxing and fun summer. Our Fall schedule begins Sept 4, 2019. Please see the attached schedule as there may be some changes that effect you. There will no longer be sparring classes on Saturdays in an effort to include all students in this training.
Sparring nights are: Sept 9 & 26, Oct 7 & 24, Nov 7 & 18, Dec 5 & 16
Please bring your gear to these classes.
The 13th Annual Karate Challenge is on Oct. 28, 2019. It runs during your regular class times. This is our one big fundraiser and supports tje Masters Fund, the RSK Fund, and a local charity. The Masters Fund and the RSK Fund help offset costs for training with Masters from around the world as well as for tournaments. Please have your children collect sponsorships towards their night of circuit training. See the sponsor sheet for more details. RSK Karate Challenge Sponsor Sheet 2019
We are proud to announce our first Kumite Clinis on Oct. 26 and Nov. 30. Students can register for #20.00 per clinic.
- October 26 – 10:00am to 12:00pm
- Features Mateus Desa and Josh Bornia. Both are Yondan and are working on their National Coaching Certificates.
- November 30 – 10:00am to 12:00pm
- Features Natika and Josh Pigeon. They are also Yondan and are working on their National Coaching Certificates.
Registration forms are available at the dojo. We will require ar least 20 students registered for the clinic to run.
- 6:00pm to 7:30pm
- No classes – Open for students to stop in for a treat and show Sensei your costume.
- 7:30pm to 9:00pm
- Teen/Adult – All rank open workout.
Bottle and Food Bank Drive
- Nov. 2 – 10:00am to 12:00pm
- Bottle Drive. Feel free to bring your bottles to the dojo the week prior to Nov. 2. Then sign up for the 2 hour bottle drive on Nov. 2.
- Nov. 25 to Nov. 30
- Food Bank Drive. We will be collecting non parishable food the Stuff a Bus event on Nov. 30th. A box will be set up at the dojo.
New Tai Chi-Qigong Classes
We are now offering Adult Tai Chi-Qigong classes taught by our very own Rachel Davies. She is a level 2 Health Qigong Instructor with the British Health Qigong Association. Our next session runs Wednesdays Sept 11-Dec 18th from 6:15-7:15pm. The cost of this session is $187.50.
A free trial class is available for anyone interested. Contact Kim to register.
Our next Karate Kids session for 4/5 year olds is Wednesdays Sept 11 – Dec 18 (No Classes Nov 13) from 5:30-6:00pm. The cost of this session is $112.00 plus uniform if needed. If you know of anyone interested in joining please have them contact us asap to register.
We are current members of Karate Alberta. Every year each student must submit Karate Alberta Fees of $40.00.
This years fees are due in Nov and need to be submitted to the Rooke School of Karate by Nov 30, 2019. Anyone yellow belt or above must be a member. If you have not registered yet see Kim for a form. Being members of Karate Alberta helps support our style in the competitive arena and allows our students who want to compete the opportunity to do it not only provincially but also nationally.